Mortlock Construction was established in 1947 in Peterborough by Walter H. Mortlock. In 1949, the company, then entitled W.H. Mortlock General Contractor, was incorporated under the laws of Ontario. After sixteen years of owning and operating the business Walter Mortlock retired, selling his share of the company to his brother Albert A. Mortlock in 1963, who continued operation under the firm name of Mortlock Construction (1963) Limited. Albert retired in 1978, selling the company to his sons, William K. Mortlock and Thomas A. Mortlock, thus keeping the business family owned and operated. Under the ownership of the brothers construction operations continued with the firm name Mortlock Construction (1978) Limited and in 1990 it became Mortlock Construction Incorporated. Tom’s son, Craig bought William’s shares in 2016, thus continuing the family tradition.
With over seventy years in the construction industry, building Peterborough and surrounding area, Mortlock Construction has experienced and survived all the highs and lows of the economy, and the ever changing industry, while managing to maintain its strong focus on the community that supports us.